To keep your summer running smoothly and as least expensive as possible, try these six energy saving tips.
- Turn your thermostat to 78 degrees when you are home and 85 degrees when you are not.
- Do laundry after 5 P.M. or when it is cooler in the day.
- Line dry clothes instead of using the dryer.
- Replace air conditioner filters because dirty filters can restrict airflow.
- Utilize your microwave for cooking and dishwasher to clean dishes, these devices both use up less energy than their alternatives.
- Add shades to your windows to help reduce the heat in your home.
Ensure your appliances are working at their best level by checking them regularly. If there are parts not working their best it will cause your appliance to work harder and use more energy. To keep your appliances in tip-top shape visit Let’s Talk Parts.